Apartment Spring Cleaning Checklist
As we move deeper into the spring season, it’s about time we break out those cleaning supplies and get to work. In fact, there is no better time than right now. I mean, we are in the middle of a global pandemic right now, otherwise known as the Coronavirus or COVID-19. With many stay at home orders still in full effect, we have plenty of time to break out the sanitizing solutions. First things first, fresh air! Open up those windows and patio doors to help circulate fresh air.
In order to help you get started, we have provided a checklist for you to follow.
1. Make sure to double check your cleaners to make sure they are safe to use. (Window cleaner might not be your best bet to use on other surfaces throughout your apartment).
2. When shopping for cleaning supplies, try looking for “all-purpose” cleaners that can be used on multiple surfaces in your apartment. This will help for time management.
3. If using bleach or chemicals similar to bleach, be sure to use in open air/well vented areas.
4. Save floor cleaning for last as you are likely to find dust or other particles on the floor from cleaning.
Now that you have secured the appropriate cleaning supplies and have a set plan, we have put together a list of critical areas to clean from dirty to less dirty.
a. A high traffic area which is used daily and usually used multiple times a day. When was the last time you gave your kitchen some TLC and a deep clean?
a. Hello germ city. Break out the gloves and deep cleaning scrubbers; we’re going to be using some elbow grease here.
3. Hallways leading from entry and leading to bathrooms
a. Hallways are also high traffic areas which tend to be forgotten about. Remember when you “ran into your apartment quick to grab something” and didn’t take off your shoes? Be sure to give your carpets some extra TLC in those areas as well!
4. Living Room
a. Whether you live alone, with a roommate, or enjoy guests ever so often, it’s important to deep clean ALL touch points. The living room is likely a hangout space where germs are all over the place.
5. Bedrooms & Closets
a. Often times we forget, but our sleeping spaces should never get neglected when it comes to cleaning. Think about how nice it will be waking up to soft, fluffy carpet the morning after a deep clean.
6. Laundry Room
a. A space we utilize to clean our clothing should be a sparkling clean space.
a. When was the last time you dusted or cleared the cobwebs? Now is your chance!
Now that you’ve taken the time to freshen things up, you’re ready for a sparkling clean spring and summer season, not to mention, you cleaned up your space during a pandemic and you deserve a pat on the back for that. Be sure to keep this checklist somewhere safe so you can pull it back out to use next time. Happy cleaning!